Smoked Salmon and Poached Eggs on Ezekiel Toast
Updated: Feb 29, 2020
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 4 min
1. 2 slices of Ezekiel toast (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
2 oz avocado smashed
1/4 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Pinch of kosher salt and cracked black pepper
3.5 oz smoked salmon
Kikkoman soy sauce
1. In a small bowl, smash the avocado. Add the lemon juice and a pinch of salt; mix well and set aside.
2. Poach your eggs (see notes below) and when they are sitting in the ice bath, toast your bread. If you do not want poached eggs, you can have your eggs sunny side up
3. Once your bread is toasted, spread the avocado on both slices and add the smoked salmon to each slice
4. Transfer the poached eggs (or sunny side up eggs) to each slice
5. Hit with a splash of Kikkoman soy sauce and some cracked pepper; garnish with scallions and microgreens.
Poaching the eggs: Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add a bit of vinegar; then lower it down to a steady simmer. Crack your eggs into individual small bowls (you'll want to poach them individually). With a spatula or large spoon, create a gentle whirlpool in the simmering water; this will help the egg white wrap around the yolk. Gently tip the egg into the water whirlpool, white first. Cook for 30 seconds, then turn the heat off and cover the pot with a lid. After 4 minutes, carefully remove the egg with a slotted spoon and transfer your egg to a paper towel and gently pat it dry. Remove any wispy white egg with the edge of your spoon, and transfer to your plate.